Thursday, August 18, 2011

Front entry ideas

When I came across this photo, I showed it to Ryan and he said without hesitation, "That's what I want." We don't necessarily plan to go to two stories, so imagine this without the steeply pitched roof and dormers. It's remarkably similar in some ways to our house now, with a center entrance, large windows on either side, stucco exterior, even the curved walk from the driveway. But we love the arched entry, the old/tumbled brick, the stained wood door, and the darker color of the roof.


I took these photos around our neighborhood because I like the aged look of the bricks--the chimney is actually on a stucco house almost identical in color to ours. Ryan prefers a browner tone to the brick, but this is the general idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment