Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lighten up

For the past five years, we've had some variation of the same color scheme in every room in our home: red, golden yellow, and dark blue. I like how classic that combo is, but in our new place with its lower ceilings and smaller windows, it feels too dark and heavy. When we redo the house, I'd like to work with a lighter palette and give the whole place an airier feel. I came across this living room and was drawn to how bright and cheerful it is. We have a dark brown couch to work with, but the other elements are doable: pretty patterned curtains, bright colored throw pillows, white bookcases. Ryan probably wouldn't go for so much pink, but I might get some purple past him.


I've already started on the new palette with the gorgeous quilts my friend Katie made for the little ones' room. It makes me happy just looking at them!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - how cute are those?!! Good job, Julia's friend Katie! : )

    ReplyDelete